Unfold – a viral Instagram stories tool
Table of contents:
Instagram launched it’s stories a couple of years ago following Snapchat. The feature became insanely popular with 300 million daily users worldwide. With the help of stories, you can share videos and pics about your daily life. These stories will be available to your subscribers during 24 hours. A lot of Instagram influencers actively use this feature to stay in touch with their followers. In addition, they promote different services and products of the companies with whom they cooperate. Usually, stories are not too interesting or creative and thus people click through them quite quickly. However, a young company called Unfold changed everything, but we will tell you about it a bit later.
If at the launch of the stories in Instagram, the new format of publications had more opponents, now stories have become much more popular than regular publications. The developers clearly paid a lot of attention to analyzing and evaluating user behavior and were able to come up with such a presentation of new content that we first scroll through temporary publications and only then proceed to the classic wall. Along with the growing popularity of stories, a legitimate question arises: how to stand out among all other users and attract attention to their publications? Basic tools already exist in Instagram itself, for example, you can add texts with different designs, stickers, gifs, polls, geolocation, mention users and much more. However, all users are on an equal footing, which means they are doing about the same thing in publications.
A good way to stand out is to replace full-screen photos and videos with stylish collages and start telling real stories with the help of more convenient adding text, and captions. Yes, a little longer because of the need to use another application and choose the layouts of publications in it, but the result is excellent. And the company called Unfold tackled this issue and changed everything.
The Unfold company
The company was launched in March 2017 by two young men – a designer and a marketing expert. The guys never attracted external funding but after one year their company earned a million dollars and had an app has more than 100 000 downloads per day with more than 11 million active users daily.
The company is doing great in terms of development. Such celebrities as Selena Gomez, Camila Cabello, Olivia Culpo and Sergio Ramos use an app, so hundreds of millions of their followers are also potential users of the app.
In particular, Selena Gomez who intended to leave Instagram and is the most followed person on the network published several stories using Unfold that became very popular. Her most liked post recently reached 11m likes but she was forced to delete it due to the huge quality of comments that suggested her undergo a surgery to change certain features of her body.
The Unfold app
In short, Unfold is 55 fixed templates for creating photo and video collages. Inside the application, there are three sets, two of them are paid. Unfold is very easy to use, great for both personal and commercial stories.
In Unfold users are offered pre-prepared templates that can be filled with photos, videos, add text and headlines. There are more than a dozen different layouts in the free set: one large snapshot, a snapshot with text, a couple of photos, collages with a large number of shots. This is enough for any situation. However, you need to know that for the fastest possible creation of photo stories, you can only insert them into places prepared in advance and in such a size as was intended in Unfold.
Unfold is best for creating content on fashion, travel, and lifestyle. In this application, there are stylish, minimalistic templates that will make your content attractive and professional with minimal effort.
You can add borders to your template, customize it, and edit fonts. Unfold allows you to create your story so that you can immediately upload it directly to Instagram.
How to use Unfold app
- The first step: click on the “+” icon at the top of the application to create a new story. You will need to come up with a name to make it easier to create organized Stories folders.
- Then click on the “+” icon at the bottom of the screen and select the layout of your story. You can choose a single image or a template with several image containers to create a collage. Swipe through the patterns at the bottom of the screen and tap the one you want.
- To add images, click on the “+” icons in the template.
- You will be taken to the gallery of your camera and you will easily find albums with images or videos you want to use.
- To change the order, click and hold the image to drag it to the right place.
- To add another page to your story, simply click on the “+” icon at the bottom of the screen. You will again be asked to select a layout. This may be a familiar layout or a new one that will add variety to your stories. You can add as many pages as you like by repeating this process.
- To add a page with text only, select a layout with horizontal lines, rather than image containers. Then simply click on the text to edit it.
- In the lower left corner of the screen, click on the eye icon to view the story. If it suits you, tap the download arrow icon in the upper right corner to save the story in the camera gallery. Then upload it to Instagram Stories manually.
Unfold FAQ and recommendations:
- Do not forget that in the Unfold templates you can embed both photo and video at the same time.
- When buying one of the presets in the app, you can change the white background to black.
- It is not obligatory to use the text function. You can insert a photo / video into your favorite college and save it with a template phrase. Then you can directly paint this text on Instagram in white or black.
We are sure that the creators of Unfold will not stop at three sets of presents, so in the near future, we can expect a new batch of stylish collages!